Damn, Sai Gon can be a weird place sometimes. A few minutes ago, I was sitting in another internet cafe and this Vietnamese guy is sitting next to me looking at porn (this, by the way, is a surprisingly common occurrence over here. . .I always wonder about these guys it's not like your neighbor can't see what you're doing. . .I mean, does this guy have some deep pocket action going on, or is he just filing these images away for recalling later. Perhaps, he's a connoisseur and studies it the way a wine drinker studies wine speculator magazine. . .I don't know but I always feel a little uncomfortable). Anyway this guy gets on his cell phone and starts having this conversation (I shit you not) about this other guys penis. "You say you had big cock, you do not it is very small. NO! . . . You said big cock buy you have a very small cock. You have a small dick. NO! you LIE! It is a small dick." Now I'm not going to go on any further, but this conversation continued for about 5 minutes, at which time the guy closed out his porn, paid, and left the internet service. The thing was, this guy really seemed mad. He actually sounded pissed off that this other guy was evidently not all that he made himself out to be. . .I guess.
Now I have no idea what that whole episode was about, but I can guarantee, that conversation would not have taken place in Can Tho. . .or at least it would have gone on behind closed doors. . .which lead's me to question, what possessed this guy to have this conversation in an internet cafe filled with foreigners. . .quite possibly the only place in Vietnam in which people would understand him.
Shortly after this fine young man left, the power went out and I lost the nice long email I was working on. Damn powercuts. I probably could have finished before the power cut if not for this guy's strange conversation which interrupted my writing. Some people.
Now I have no idea what that whole episode was about, but I can guarantee, that conversation would not have taken place in Can Tho. . .or at least it would have gone on behind closed doors. . .which lead's me to question, what possessed this guy to have this conversation in an internet cafe filled with foreigners. . .quite possibly the only place in Vietnam in which people would understand him.
Shortly after this fine young man left, the power went out and I lost the nice long email I was working on. Damn powercuts. I probably could have finished before the power cut if not for this guy's strange conversation which interrupted my writing. Some people.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home